What is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) for Hair Restoration Therapy?
PRP is blood plasma containing a concentration of platelets many times greater than occurs normally in blood. PRP is a�?autologousa�?, meaning that it comes from the patienta��s own body. This is similar to the practice of having a patient donate his/her own blood before a surgical procedure, to be used in preference to blood from the hospital blood bank should a transfusion be needed. Another example is the removal and transplantation of a patienta��s own skin for a plastic surgery procedure. Because PRP is autologous, it has no potential for causing a foreign-body immunologic reaction. PRP is immunologically neutral.
Who is the best candidate of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) for Hair Restoration Therapy?
PRP Hair Restoration Therapy is suitable for both men and women. ItA�is a state-of-the-art, non-surgical, totally natural; alternative medical procedure used for the treatment of hair loss or hair thinning. PRP has other medical uses as well including pain management
How is PRP is Made?
Platelets for PRP are derived from a patienta��s own blood:
PRP in Hair Transplantation
The potential for using PRP to promote healing and hair growth after hair transplantation is centered in three functional applications:
How Does PRP Preserve & Enhance Hair Follicle Viability
- a�� Between the time that hair follicles are removed from a donor area of the scalp and transplanted into a recipient area, they are subject to damage from several causes:
- a�� Dehydration if the donor follicles are inadequately moistened between the times of removal and transplantation;
- a�� Oxygen and nutrient starvation due to being removed from blood supply during the harvest-to-transplantation time period;
- a�� Temperature and acid/alkaline changes in the follicle environment; and,
- a�� Revascularization injury when the donor follicles are transplanted to the recipient site and must re-adapt to having a blood supply.
A common approach to maintaining donor hair follicle viability during the transition period is to keep them in a storage solution that provides a protective environment of appropriate temperature, chemical balance and nutrient supply. Recent research has indicated that addition of PRP to the storage solution improves follicle viability during and after transplantation, enhances post-transplantation tissue healing and promotes hair growth in transplanted follicles. An approach advocated by some investigators is to bathe the donor hair follicles in activated PRP just prior to transplantation.
What are Dr. Lawrence Jaegera��s Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) for Hair Restoration Therapy Treatment Options?
After examining your particular situation and severity of hair loss, Dr. Lawrence Jaeger and our physicians at Advanced Dermatology Associates will suggest a treatment plan that will most effectively target your hair loss. To begin a dialogue with our team, contact us at one of our following locations.
NYC PRP Hair Restoration Therapy Consultation
Advanced Dermatology Associates: |
PRP Hair Restoration: email@example.com
200 Central Park South, Suite 107 New York, 10019A�
You can always reach us toll-free: 1-800-545-7546 (SKIN).
Visit one of our five locations today!
- Midtown Manhattan: (212) 262-2500
- Bronx: Co-Op City: (718) 671-1000
- Bronx: Third Avenue: (718) 742-1000
- Bronx: Parkchester: (718) 239-1500
- Bronx: Fordham Rd: (718) 537-5000
Dr. Lawrence Jaegera��s Accreditation Includes: